Thursday, December 31, 2009

County Legislator Angelo Santabarbara Announces his Switch to the Democratic Party

County Legislator Angelo Santabarbara Announces his Switch to the Democratic Party

Schenectady County Legislator Angelo Santabarbara has announced that he has officially changed his enrollment to the Democratic Party. “In my first two years as a County Legislator, I was pleased to work with all of the Legislators in helping to make Schenectady County a better place to live. I was especially pleased that two of my initiatives - a ban on the use of BPA in baby bottles, and a plan to provide court security for the Princetown Town Court, that were both enacted by the Legislature in a bipartisan manner.

“I was treated with dignity and respect by the Democratic Majority on my proposals and plan to continue working in the best interests as part of that majority. With that said, I am pleased to announce that I am joining the Democratic Majority in the Schenectady County Legislature, and that I will be a part of the Democratic caucus in January. I have witnessed first-hand, the outstanding progress in revitalizing and rebuilding our economy that can be achieved by working together in a constructive fashion. I am convinced that Schenectady County is on the right track with leaner, more efficient government, and robust economic development strategy. At this point, I believe that I can play a constructive role in that progress with my expertise as a civil engineer and work together towards a brighter future for Schenectady County.”

County Legislative Chairwoman Susan E. Savage welcomed Angelo Santabarbara in the Democratic caucus stating, “As a Legislator, Angelo has put forth constructive proposals to benefit all county residents. He is a welcome addition to the Democratic caucus, and will continue to put the people of Schenectady County first.”

County Democratic Chairman Brian Quail stated, “Angelo Santabarbara is welcome into a resurgent Schenectady County Democratic Party that has governed well. He shares our values, and as an engineer has the expertise to make a significant contribution to County government.”